Friday, May 13, 2005

Insert Catchy Title Here

Get ready people, for a ride on the Autobahn-esque road that is my life. It’s fun! It’s interesting! It’s…fun?

Um, let’s see. I know this will probably come as a shock to many of you, but it’s true – I hate my job. I joke about it a lot, but now I mean it. Hate. Job. Yesterday was a particularly bad day (there was crying) so today will hopefully be better. For the love of god, please let it be better.

Now it’s time for the requisite cat story. My dad (who is not a cat) installed my new patio screen door on Sunday, and I LOVE it! The cats also love it. Every time I open it, the baby runs over there and sits there the whole evening looking out at the fascinating world. And talking to the bugs that land on the screen because she loves bugs. It’s so damn cute. The other story is how the Inspector has decided that he is going to sleep on my bed all night long, no matter what the cost. I’ve realized that once he makes that decision, he is COMMITTED to MAKING IT HAPPEN. And not only will he sleep on my bed, he will sleep there in such a way that he is touching me AT ALL TIMES. This is no easy task, as I move a lot when I sleep. But the moving and kicking don’t deter him – oh no! – I told you, he is committed. He is also committed to enthusiastically (and loudly) purring and licking my face every morning when he feels that it’s time for me to get up. It’s all very sweet, but also, since I’m not a morning person AT ALL and I try to stay in bed until the very last possible second – sometimes very annoying.

That’s pretty much it. My new favorite thing is “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” because it has restored my faith in both humanity and reality television. I’ll forgive that ABC follows it with a shining example of what trash passes for a “hit show” these days (yes, “Desperate Housewives,” I’m talking to you) because Home Edition is so awesome. Real people who are true role models and examples of how everyone should be. A group of designers and cash and companies and volunteers who are generous with their time and resources because they recognize a fantastic cause when they see it. I have yet to make it through a show without crying. I don’t watch much reality tv because I think it sucks and is a forum for men to be dogs, women to be hos and people in general to show their true nature through backstabbing and greed while begging desperately for any sort of attention (yes, “The Bachelor” and “America’s Next Top Model,” I’m talking to you) but Home Edition is none of that. I would go so far as to say that, in my opinion, it is the best show on television right now. Yes, better than “CSI” and that’s saying a lot.

Oh, and speaking of the Autobahn, I also got a speeding ticket yesterday morning. Super.

1 comment:

KC said...

and how hard did you cry last night at EM:HE? I was bawling! Those little boys were so cute!