Friday, February 11, 2005

Maybe I shouldn't laugh. But I am anyway.

Ok, so under the heading of "I shouldn't laugh, but I am, hysterically" comes this story from News of the Weird. It's an old story, but every time I read it I get this mental picture that is so funny that I just can't not laugh. I'm sorry if it offends you, but seriously, the mental picture...

"A 90-year-old woman was fatally crushed when a clumsy, 485-pound circus bear performing at a retirement home tripped over her wheelchair and fell on her."

Can you just imagine? This big ol' bear, perhaps wearing a tiny red shriner's hat, lumbering around in a dancing sort of way when all of the sudden, he trips and falls on this little old lady. Embarrassed, he gets up quickly and starts to dance around again, hoping no one noticed. And then he is confused by all of the ensuing panic because how is he supposed to know he killed that lady. I'm sorry, but I'm totally laughing right now. I can't help it. The dancing bear in my head looks like these Disney bears from a looooong time ago that dance through the forest picking up trash and bonking their butts together. If you've seen it, maybe you are also laughing. If not, well, you should. Dancing bears are good fun. Unless you're that lady, of course.

This post brought to you by a week of trying to get a 10-page paper written for school and a $2 million proposal written for work. I'm pretty tired. But oh, the dancing bear...

1 comment:

BB said...

You're evil. I love evil.