Monday, November 13, 2006

Best Ever

So I pretty much had the best weekend ever, and yet? I didn’t do much besides take naps and basically hang around in my pajamas. If you know me but at all, you know that whenever I’m home, I’m probably wearing pajamas. I love them – I have shelves full of pajama bottoms and t-shirts. Anyway. That’s really neither here nor there.

I slept better the past three nights than I have in at least two weeks. Which is strange, because I don’t generally sleep well when there is someone else in my bed. I’m so used to sleeping alone that the addition of another body throws me off. Also, I don’t like to be snuggled or touched very much when I’m trying to actually sleep. However, in this situation, the opposite is true. I sleep through the night when he’s here and I like to sleep as close to him as I can.

I haven’t written about him because I’m afraid of jinxing it. I’m afraid that he’ll freak out and leave me one day with no explanation – not because that’s how he is (because he’s not) but because it’s happened so many times before. So there’s that aspect. But I also haven’t written about him because I didn’t know what to say. I know what I FEEL but that’s not such an easy thing to translate into writing – I either sound like a sap or else the words don’t say what I mean them to. Or both.

What I will say is that yesterday was a cloudy, cold day. I got home from church and we hung out on the couch in our pajamas, watching football with the fire going. Ok, he watched football, I slept on his lap. I woke up and the house smelled like the pot roast I was cooking in the crock pot. We went to bed early and laid there talking for an hour, then went to sleep. Five a.m. came too soon, but I slept totally peacefully all night.

He’s the best ever – and yes, I realize that I sound like a sap.

10 comments:

Edge said...

Hmmmmmm, mystery lover man ... very interesting. Now my interest is peaked. Is he a homeless man?

~Jef

Sandra Dee said...

WHAT?! YOU'RE DATING SOMEONE AND YOU DON'T TELL US THIS?!?!? :)

He sounds cute -- hanging out with you in your pjs. Adorable!

-J said...

Ha, ha. You're a sap. But a happy sap. :-)

Cheryl said...

There is nothing wrong with naps or PJ's. Sounds fab to me.

Mr. Fabulous said...

Outstanding! I figured there had to be a fella there somewhere...you had been too quiet about the subject.

I am very happy about this!

Woodrow said...

I'm happy for you two.

Hope said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you! Sounds like an awesome weekend to me too.

Edge said...

Ya wait till he's been there for like years and you can't stand his snoring or something like that. Then there's the cover thief accusations along with the kicking at night and the other numb arms.

Are you sure he's not homeless?

~Jef

Amanda said...

aww...love it.

Marissa said...

Can I just tell you that as I read this I started filling giddy myself?! He sounds PERFECT -- and this whole thing you've got going on sounds equally as great. My dream....snuggled up on the couch with a fire blazing. How wonderful! I know what you mean about not wanting to jinx things...I write about all the losers but when it comes to the guys I actually like, mums the word!