Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A tow-tal waste of money

Ha! Punny!

So the end of the "I can't believe that f*&%#^@*($!%@&*%@#!*%#$!! towed my car" saga, for all those who are curious, went like this.

P.I.C. and I went to the tow yard after work and picked up my car. For the low, low price of $140. Bastard. Not the tow company – it’s their job – but Dr. Prick. When I pulled up to P.I.C.’s building before we headed to the tow place, I “accidentally” blocked the entrance to the parking lot while we traded places. So sorry the people in the Lexus had to wait. SO SORRY. Not sorry at all.

We went back to his house, where I parked at a meter. Luckily, it didn't involve parallel parking. I suppose I'll be learning THAT in the near future. We went in and opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate…what, my first towing experience? The fact I’m poorer? Hmm. No, I’m pretty sure we just opened it because he bought my favorite and I wanted some. It was preventative -- so my profanity-laced tirades against Dr. Prick wouldn't just randomly start up like anger-induced tourette's. Then we watched the episodes of “Arrested Development” that we were so RUDELY prevented from watching the night before, cracked up, drank the whole bottle of champagne (What? Otherwise it would lose its bubbles!), and decided to go to dinner. We walked to dinner, but only after P.I.C. moved my car to another meter so that I wouldn’t get ticketed or, you know, TOWED.

So yes. Except for the whole “paying to un-impound my car”, it was a good evening. And as an aside, if anyone is looking for work as a tow truck driver, the good news is that you don’t need to know how to spell. At all. According to the tow receipt, I was “Parked in a privet lot/Unothorised.” Huh. Interesting. Apparently I was parked in a lot full of shrubs, when all this time I thought it was concrete. And the “unothorised”? Um, yeah. Enough said.


So there it is. Now you know "the rest of the story".

9 comments:

Whinger said...

It's like a British person mis-spelled the note.

P.I.C. is an excellent parallel parker. Just make him do it.

Cheryl said...

"Privet! Unothorised!" HAHAHA! Trying so hard not to laugh out loud at work right now. Tears flowing, must breathe.

Maybe I should come to Denver just to teach you how to parallel park!

Sass said...

The misspelling shows the iq of his excellency and the ability to decipher between concrete and shrubs.

Times like these provide an excellent story - ah...good times

Leesa said...

The tow truck driver must have had bushes on his mind. Cute post.

Anonymous said...

GAH! $140 is a lot of money!

When I was in college if you were parked in a no parking zone for too long they'd tow your car and not tell you where it was going, but they'd never impound it, they'd just park it someplace odd and far away. It never happened to me, but my friend's boyfriend had his car towed to an off-campus apartment complex. At least you didn't have to go searching for it.

KC said...

I will be giving a parallel parking lesson this weekend. It will only cost you $140. Discount because you're a friend and all. Of course, I can also teach for chicken enchiladas...

Chief Slacker said...

hey you. sucks ya got towed, what an ass! Amazing how well the champagne goes down after a day like that though eh?

Stop by some would ya! :O)

Alice said...

ugh being towed is craaaaappy. and $140!??! i thought it was expensive around here, but that's even worse.

OK, i know this must have been explained before, but i forget. what does P.I.C. stand for??

Nicole Kelley said...

You got off easy with a $140 bill to un-impound your car. Last time I was towed (for parking overnight in a lot that did not say I couldn't do so), it cost me somewhere in the neighborhood of $300.