Thursday, December 09, 2004

Obsessive Compulsive Girl gets ready for Christmas!!

I’ve been ready to decorate since the weekend before Thanksgiving – in fact, that’s when I started. I finally got my tree this weekend – I took my mom, because I got tired of waiting for Not Boyfriend and wanted to get the tree put up so I could get my money’s worth out of it. I mean, because I wanted the beauty to inspire Christmas joy. Maybe a little of both. Anyway, we went to 3 tree lots. This is where I’m glad I took my mom, because I think Not Boyfriend would have killed me – I’m sorry, but you can’t take Obsessive-Compulsive Girl to just one lot. I didn’t want to spend one meeeelion dollars and I also didn’t want a sad and scrawny tree. It all turned out for the best, because not only did I not subject Not Boyfriend to OC Girl (I like him and I would like him to continue liking me – I’ll spring that on him LATER) but I ended up spending like $25 and getting about a 6 foot tree – it smells so good and looks so pretty, especially when I turn on the Christmas lights all over my house and turn off all of the regular lights. It’s so romantic I almost want to kiss myself. Not really. But it certainly does look pretty. So then I went to St. Nick’s, which is the most amazing Christmas store EVER. And I spent more money than I should have on a couple of ornaments (because the tree is decorated with ornaments from when I was little and also ones that I’ve gone hog-wild on buying this year in fits of uncontrollable Christmas spirit) and also on a star for the top of the tree, because I was looking for the perfect topper and I found it there. HOWEVER, the downfall to all of this is that Obsessive-Compulsive Girl may have met a new nemesis – pine needles. They’re frickin’ EVERYWHERE. I have to vacuum all the time because not only are they around the tree, but they’re everywhere else, because the cats track them all over the place. There was one in my tub this morning, just laying there, taunting me. After I finished decorating the tree this weekend, I told Dan that the Winter Wonderland was complete. He told me that he didn’t believe me. Turns out, he was right. I just keep adding little touches here and there, but I really think I’m done now. Really.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I don't believe that the Winter Wonderland is over, either, but I DO believe that it's BEAUTIFUL.
Love the blog. Love it.