Thursday, September 29, 2005

23 Reasons No One Likes Us When We're 23

...or "Why We Don't Have Boyfriends."

Six years later, some of it still applies, and some of it reflects how utterly witty we thought we were at the ripe old age of 23. Oh, who am I kidding -- we still think we're utterly witty!

Since then, Beth and Kris have each gotten married, while Kendra, Becki and I have all managed to sustain long term relationships -- 2, 3 and 4 years, respectively. And now, while we may not be 23 anymore, it could be a good idea to go back and reflect on the words of wisdom from our younger selves. It's like an illustration of "what not to do" this time around. Good times, people. Good times.

YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED that this is difficult to see. Therefore, if you click here, you can see it LARGE in PDF form over on my CastPost site.

14 comments:

dasi said...

You are too funny. That's all I can say. Too. Damn. Funny.

Amanda said...

LOVE IT. oh my gosh, can you make me a poster. haha...

Miladysa said...

Brilliant! Absolutely bloody brilliant! You could print them and sell them!

Miladysa said...

Brilliant! Absolutely bloody brilliant! You could print them and sell them!

Cheryl said...

Lol! You girls are a hoot! Love those illustrations--you're a master stick-figurist.

Alice said...

oh... crap... SO MANY of those still apply to me :-)

btw, theboyfriend read your comment on my blog about potentially doing a drawing of the weekend's.. uh.. "festivities".. and he's now determined to make something drawing-worthy go down :-)

Ex-playgroup mommy said...

How great is that??? I LOVE it! Now I want to call my girlfriends and do something similar only I can't draw and I have no imagination so I guess I'm out. I second Miladsya -- you could sell them!

Carl Spackler said...

some great drawings. you should put all of them together and make the "collected works of amber".

... j said...

I think people are stupid their entire lives, they just get a little less dump each consecutive year... though I could be utterly and entirely wrong here.

Anonymous said...

That's some funny stuff. HASTA LA SEE YA

Stephanie said...

Amber I think you missed your calling: You should create a comic strip for the Sunday funnies entitled, "Adventures in Stick-Land." I believe it'd be wildly popular! lol

Kiki said...

You guys are my new best friends.

Aliecat said...

HAHAHAH! My friends and I would make these lists too! Too bad I didn't save any of them

erin said...

Loved it! I am 23 and this is so dead-on.

I am going to print a copy of this!