Thursday, September 01, 2005

Return of the Monsters of Rock

Ok, so since everyone put in their two cents about what should have been included on my recent metal mix, I am going to post the titles of the songs on the cd. Let's play a little game and see who can guess every single artist -- and it has to be guesses based on your fabulous knowledge of all things hair band and not on what Google has to say about it. Aaaaaaannndd...go!

1. When it’s love
2. Love in an elevator
3. Dr. Feelgood
4. Glamour Boys
5. Pour some sugar on me
6. Hit between the eyes
7. Down Boys
8. Talk Dirty to Me
9. Why can’t this be love?
10. Welcome to the Jungle
11. I’ll Never Let You Go
12. If I Close My Eyes Forever
13. Don’t Know What You Got (‘Til it’s Gone)
14. Love Song
15. Love and Affection
16. Girls, Girls, Girls
17. Cherry Pie
18. Nothin’ But a Good Time
19.
Detroit Rock City

Coincidentally, when I was home on Tuesday (yes, I took a day off work. I was sick. Sick of being there) it was like all metal all the time day on VH1. I watched "When Metal Ruled the World" -- sort of, because it was on at the same time as "NYPD Blue" and mommy had to watch her stories. Anyway, after that was "Inside Out: Resurrecting Motley Crue," in which they tried to get Motley Crue back together for one show. I liked it, because, of course, I like Tommy Lee for some inexplicable reason. Then it was "Behind the Music: Guns 'N Roses." I learned so much. Did you know that Slash DIED one time? Heart stopped, no pulse, drug overdosed dead. But now even though he was a drug-addled mess for a long time (and he DIED), he is amazingly articulate? And not to be all your mom or anything, but he's pretty good looking now that his hair is out of his face. I'm going to have to check out Velvet Revolver. There's more, but I can sense that you're getting bored. Anyway, I think I might have gone into a television-induced coma after that, because I can't remember what I did. Wait -- maybe I watched "Buffy." Or took a nap. Or attempted to read 8500 pages for my law class. Whatever. It was a good day.

20 comments:

Pivoney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pivoney said...

Excellent List. I got 16 of 19. Are you a bigger Poison or Warrant fan. I was suprised to see no Bon Jovi. Glad to see someone appreciates the classics like "Down Boys".

Cheryl said...

Amber, how weird is this--I stayed home on Tuesday cause I was tired too! Although I was literally tired and slept most of the day, but still!

Won't even try to name the artists cause hair bands aren't my forte. And did you know Duff's pancreas exploded! I didn't even know that was possible!

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber said...

Kingpin -- you're so right about Bon Jovi. I'm thinking "Livin' on a Prayer."

Cheryl -- seriously, one of these days, what with our parallel schedules and all, we're going to have to chat! : )

Ben O. said...

I grew up on Hair Metal - here goes . . .

1. When it’s love - Van Halen
2. Love in an elevator - Aerosmith
3. Dr. Feelgood - Motley Crue
4. Glamour Boys - Living Colour
5. Pour some sugar on me - Def Leppard
6. Hit between the eyes - I don't know this one.
7. Down Boys - Warrant
8. Talk Dirty to Me - Poison
9. Why can’t this be love? - Van Halen
10. Welcome to the Jungle - Guns n' Roses
11. I’ll Never Let You Go - I don't know this one.
12. If I Close My Eyes Forever - Lita and Ozzy
13. Don’t Know What You Got (‘Til it’s Gone) - Cinderella
14. Love Song - Tesla
15. Love and Affection - Nelson
16. Girls, Girls, Girls - Motley Crue
17. Cherry Pie - Warrant
18. Nothin’ But a Good Time - Poison
19. Detroit Rock City - KISS

That was fun - makes me want to bust out all of my old CDs.

Thanks - Ben O.

Emily said...

Velvet Revolver is AWESOME! I am a huge Scott Weiland fan anyway...

dasi said...

Ok, "I'll Never Let You Go" is Steelheart, right? But I don't know "Hit Between the Eyes" either, and that bothers me. I am going to be forced to look it up on Google, but I won't cheat and put the answer.

By the way, I knew the rest too, but Ben beat me to the punch!!

dasi said...

Ok, can I just say how absolutely MORTIFIED I am?? I just looked up that song and cannot believe I didn’t know who sings it. Pathetic. I am ashamed of myself.

And I just saw them in concert not long ago, too.

Pivoney said...

I threw these on a disk last night so I could listen to them on my morning commute. Nothing beats a good set of hair metal for an hour before work. Amber, thanks for helping me start the day off right.

Amanda said...

um, liking tommy lee is not inexplicable. the man is hot. i have met him. he is very dirty-sexy.
oh, and i have perfected work-free fridays, too! and tuesdays and wednesdays... :)

Anonymous said...

All this talk about exploding body organs and dieing is really putting a damper on my weekend plans to party like a hair band rockstar. Whom I kidding, PARTY!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie said...

Here we go talking about things of which I have no idea about. Hair bands and I never mixed.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the link! :o)

And as far as the joke goes, its just making fun of all the jokes that start that way...

Beth said...

Oh Buffy, how I miss thee.

Kiki said...

Wait, slash died for a little bit?? Wow.
And if you did watch Buffy then I love you. Not in the gay way though. ;)