I have nothing hilarious or witty to write about today -- so I'll apologize for that. However, the reason why I haven't posted and why I've been sporadically commenting is because, well, I haven't been in front of my computer 24/7 this week. Why? It's because of my fabulous life. Observe.
1. I have the week off from work. I go back next week and then I have the week between Christmas and New Year's off. Not going to work + getting paid for it=fabulous.
2. My aunt and uncle are here this week. They are hilarious. My family+my extended family=fabulous.
3. My aunt loves to decorate and to paint. And she's awesome at it. As you know, I'm currently working on the paint-a-thon of '05. See how well this works out? My aunt+me+"Warm Summer" paint+ "Sweet Spiceberry" paint+ 8 hours= a fabulously painted kitchen and accent wall. The bonus add to this would be the fact that my uncle hung up my new curtains and my aunt also re-covered two of my dining room chairs. My house looks, well, fabulous.
4. My mom turned 60 yesterday and so we went out to dinner to celebrate. Birthday+excellent restaurant+two glasses of wine+one EXTREMELY TASTY chocolate martini= Happy birthday, mama!
5. Friday night kicks off the "Amber Holiday Party Tour." For some reason, this year I have six parties to go to between the 16th and 23rd. This does not include the Christmas night celebration at Joe and Sally's, which I pretty much look forward to all year. And which I swear I am not going to pass out at this year. Last year's incident was a FLUKE -- apparently it's just not a great idea to mix lots of wine AND shots of Patron. Go figure -- lesson learned. Anyway six parties+ delicious holiday snacks + festive beverages-the time I'm going to have to spend at the gym=fabulous.
So that about covers it. My life is fabulous -- I'm lucky and blessed, no question about it.