Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Ok, NOW you can be jealous of my fabulous life

I have nothing hilarious or witty to write about today -- so I'll apologize for that. However, the reason why I haven't posted and why I've been sporadically commenting is because, well, I haven't been in front of my computer 24/7 this week. Why? It's because of my fabulous life. Observe.

1. I have the week off from work. I go back next week and then I have the week between Christmas and New Year's off. Not going to work + getting paid for it=fabulous.

2. My aunt and uncle are here this week. They are hilarious. My family+my extended family=fabulous.

3. My aunt loves to decorate and to paint. And she's awesome at it. As you know, I'm currently working on the paint-a-thon of '05. See how well this works out? My aunt+me+"Warm Summer" paint+ "Sweet Spiceberry" paint+ 8 hours= a fabulously painted kitchen and accent wall. The bonus add to this would be the fact that my uncle hung up my new curtains and my aunt also re-covered two of my dining room chairs. My house looks, well, fabulous.

4. My mom turned 60 yesterday and so we went out to dinner to celebrate. Birthday+excellent restaurant+two glasses of wine+one EXTREMELY TASTY chocolate martini= Happy birthday, mama!

5. Friday night kicks off the "Amber Holiday Party Tour." For some reason, this year I have six parties to go to between the 16th and 23rd. This does not include the Christmas night celebration at Joe and Sally's, which I pretty much look forward to all year. And which I swear I am not going to pass out at this year. Last year's incident was a FLUKE -- apparently it's just not a great idea to mix lots of wine AND shots of Patron. Go figure -- lesson learned. Anyway six parties+ delicious holiday snacks + festive beverages-the time I'm going to have to spend at the gym=fabulous.

So that about covers it. My life is fabulous -- I'm lucky and blessed, no question about it.

22 comments:

The Zombie Lama said...

I want to get off too!!!

Wait, I meant work... sorry, I just read that and it didn't sound right...

Cheryl said...

fabulous indeed

Romeo Jensen said...

that is soooo... whats the word???
*snaps fingers*
oh yeah...
Fabulous!!!!!!!!

Marie said...

You are just fabulous in general! Enjoy the rest of the week. :)

Miladysa said...

Absolutely Fabulous!

Happy Birthday Amber's Mum!

C. said...

Wondeful Amber!!! I also am taking off Christmas Day so that essentially means that I will be off 5 days in a row.. Firefighter schedule, 24 on 48 off...
Anyways, what would you like for me to bring to the party, besides myself? lol

C.

Sass said...

Ha! The Holiday Party TOUR. that's a good one - mind if I steal it?

Indeed.

Blessed you are.

The Husband said...

i'm extremely jealous.

Stephanie said...

Oh Amber: don't you love having the week off in between Christmas and New Years? If only everyone were as fabulous as we! ;)

Enjoy you tour!

Alice said...

well aren't you FAAABulous! man, sometimes i wish i had a big crazy extended family like that. oh wait, i DO have a big crazy extended family. except they're ACTUALLY crazy, not the fun kind of crazy. riiight. nuclear family it is ;-P

Hope said...

Oh man, all that time off from work! That is fabulous! I'm so jealous! I would LOVE it if we got the week between Christmas and New Years off, but I have to use my vacation days. You're just too fabulous for me!

Whinger said...

Nice. What colors are those in real life?

Rico said...

Witty, halarious, and fabulous. I never doubted you for a second

Okie said...

Just write. You can't help but be witty.

Kyahgirl said...

you're absolutely right. I would like to borrow your life for a couple of weeks. ok? :-)

Carry on being fab Amber, I love reading about it.

Veeba said...

hey can we trade lives? yours definitely sounds fabulous.

Kendra said...

You know what else will be fabulous? Getting back to our 5am workouts! :) We'll start again after the holiday parties.

Paul said...

SIX PARTIES!?

What are you trying to do, single handedly cause the rest of us to collectively wonder just why we don't have as many parties as you do?

I'm going to plan a karaoke night, games night, make-your-own pizza at my house party, and two more parties just to feel better.

Jill said...

YAAAAAAAAY AMBER! (Imagine me throwing my pom-poms up in the air, jumping, and landing in a split.) Happy birthday to your Mom and happy partying!

Kiki said...

That does sound pretty fabulous!

Barry S. said...

I am very jealous! You have a cool site.
Keep it real.

Ben O. said...

I'm afraid that your life is simply too fabulous for me to leave a comment about.

In fact, your life is too fabulous for you to be living it.

Ben O. (Not so fabulous a life having dude.)