Thursday, January 26, 2006

Best. Present. EVER.

It's not my birthday (although mark your calendars because I turn the big 3-0 on April 15) but I got a package from Linda in the mail on Wednesday and it had THIS in it:

Is this not the best shirt ever? If you remember, Linda and I had come up with a line of our own greeting cards a while back, and this was one of our catchy catchphrases.

Linda sends the best care packages ever. Last year for my birthday, she sent me a crossword puzzle in which all the clues were about me. Because I had once told her that I would know I had made it when I was a clue in a crossword puzzle. One of the (multiple) times I was worried about whether or not my company would fold (And p.s., STILL WORRIED. Or worried again, either or), leaving me with no job and a mortgage, she sent me a package that included saltines, a hershey bar, and packets of ketchup -- you know, so I wouldn't starve. Ha. And the most recent package included this shirt and a bunch of miniature rubber duckies so that I could float them in a relaxing bath. But the best part about the ducks? They're PIRATES -- and as you may or may not know, I love me some pirates. My point is, Linda corners the market on care packages.

She's a good friend. She's the one good thing I got to keep from this. She was the nanny before me, and although we weren't friends at first, once we figured out that she didn't hate me (as I was told she did) and that I didn't hate her (as she was told I did) we banded together in order to crack each other up on a pretty much daily basis. She's funny and sympathetic and empathetic and thoughtful and TOTALLY creative, and when you're her friend, she will take good care of you.

I have a lot of people in my life who take excellent care of me when I need them to, and when I let them -- actually, even when I don't. I'm lucky like that. And if you're an ass, guess what? Check my blog -- I mock you there.

29 comments:

Sass said...

Isn't that the truth, "I have a lot of people in my life who take care of me ...when I let them...even when i don't"

What a great creative friend. She could make a profit on those shirts. I'd buy one.

beckibee said...

Such a great shirt!

dasi said...

You already know MY feelings on the shirt!! AWESOME!! And I am reminded every day that Linda AND you are great people and AWESOME people to have in your (or shall I say "my") corner!! Ta Ta!

(get it? "ta ta?" as in your concern?? BWAH HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Sometimes I kill myself...)

Cheryl said...

OMG Linda should sell those. She could do shirts and bumper stickers and buttons...there's some $$ there!

Linda sounds awesome. One of the good things we take from less-than-great situations, like when we lose something.

Kyahgirl said...

what a gift-your friendship and the shirt!

The Other Half said...

that's great!!!
love it!

My New Blog!

Girl Next Door said...

Keep that friend!

GNDTX

Hope said...

Yay! I think that shirt rocks, and your ta-tas don't look too "bodacious."

I think I need more friends like her.

Stephanie said...

Fu-NNY!

Edge said...

I hate that feeling your job may go away. To me that's THE most stressful thing there is. Love the shirt.

~Jef

Whinger said...

Want it.

But then it would be copying.

Dammit.

C. said...

Hooray for the T-shirt and the ta-ta's!! I am a big fan of both.. : )

C.

P.S. The Dallas Stars are gonna kick some Avalanche butt tonight.. : )

Kendra said...

One of those shirts would make a lovely 30th b-day gift for someone...who has a blog...and brown hair...and makes that yummy artichoke heart dip that you love. I'm just sayin...

Romeo Jensen said...

so those are the kitties :)

romey

Linda said...

Aw, shucks, ya'll!!! Thanks and if I figure out the best way of mass marketing them, Amber can let you know!

Funnier still is the comment my daughter made when she saw that Amber had posted a picture of the t-shirt (she was watching me make it and remembered it)...she laughed and said "It says 'check my log'" and then when she was showing it to my dad, she said "It says 'smell my log!'". Perhaps those t-shirts will be in the NEXT line of t-shirts. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and all that...

Paul said...

I would like to see you mock pirates with that shirt on. They would most likely ARRRGGG-ue with you for hours about what you had done to them.

Leesa said...

amber: I love the word "mock." It suggests the meaning - scoffing at people.

By the way, really cool t-shirt, too! And I am green with envy.

Rico said...

Romey made a funny.

I need to get some kind of "blog comment" T-shirt. Although it would probably just give everyone another chance to make fun of me. Maybe mine could say, "Don't hate me because I'm a blogger."

I just copywrited that by the way…

Sandra said...

Your birthday is tax day! I guess that's better than Christmas.

Alice said...

holy. crap. love. the. shirt. :-) that is SO awesome! yay linda! man, i need a linda :-)

Georgiapeach said...

Hey Amber, came from Leesa's blog.
I love your hair. I wear my hair like that too..lol.
See, http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8050/1389/1600/90697486807_0_ALB.jpg

Marissa said...

Omg - I WANT that shirt! Can she send me one, too?! :)

The Husband said...

horray for boobies!

Marie said...

I love that shirt! I so want one. I would love to show it off to a few people. lol

Miladysa said...

What a friend, what a T Shirt! :)

Mr. Fabulous said...

Great shirt! And a great blog. I can't recall how I got here, but I'm glad I did.

Paul said...

I just want to say that I saw I already commented on this post and it amused me so much I'm just going to let that one lie on its own.

TheBlogSnob said...

That shirt is perfect for me. Only I have not the nice boobs that are filling it out.

Dan said...

i look forward to making regular appearances in your blog in the future.